Linked Conferences 2018
EC-TEL 2018 is co-located with Medical Education Informatics (MEI 2018) and takes place the week before ALT's Annual Conference in nearby Manchester.
Why not extend your travel and time in the beautiful north of england and consider attending these conferences as well.
ALT Annual Conference 2018
11-13 September 2018, Manchester, UK
For ALT’s 25th Annual Conference we will bring together different critical perspectives in Learning Technology from across our community that will examine the challenges ahead and question the shape of things to come. We are putting our values into practice and Members at the heart of the conference, so in this spirit the event will be chaired collaboratively by the Trustees of ALT, led by Sheila MacNeill and Martin Weller.
This year’s programme will focus on the following themes:
• Participation through Learning Technology: including how to use technology to work in partnership with learners, how to create engagement and built informed consent, critical digital literacy, accessibility and equity;
• Collaboration for Learning Technology: such as working together on projects, scaling up innovation, the role of staff empowerment and leadership, collaboration or across institutions and countries, how learning technology can enhance (a)synchronous collaboration;
• Critical perspectives in Learning Technology: critical, historical and political perspectives, research and analysis that question the purpose or impact of technology used for learning, teaching or assessment; learner driven education;
• Openness and Learning Technology: for example open education practice, resources, policy for openness in education, open data and open governance;
• Wildcard: if your work doesn’t relate directly to any of the conference themes, then we encourage you to select the wildcard theme when submitting your learning technology research, practice or policy work from any sector including Further Education, schools, vocational learning and training, lifelong learning and work-based learning.