The call for submissions for the EC-TEL Doctoral Consortium is now closed.
The EC-TEL Doctoral Consortium brings together Ph.D. candidates working on topics related to Technology Enhanced Learning providing them an exceptional opportunity to present, discuss, and receive feedback on their research in an interdisciplinary and international atmosphere. Prominent professors and researchers in the field of Technology Enhanced Learning will provide formative feedback to the selected papers through the review process and contribute actively to discussions at the workshop. The Doctoral Consortium will take place 3rd of September, just before the EC-TEL 2018 conference.
The intention of this doctoral consortium is to support and inspire Ph.D. candidates during their ongoing research efforts. Therefore, it is necessary that participants will have neither achieved their Ph.D. degree nor officially submitted their thesis before the doctoral consortium (September 2018). To enforce this rule we require that the participants disclose their expected graduation date and their advisor's name when submitting.
Interested Ph.D. candidates are requested to upload their submissions by
22 28 May 2018 to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dcectel2018
Eligible submissions to EC-TEL Doctoral Consortium need to address the following elements:
- A clear formulation of the research question.
- An identification of the significant problems in the field of research within the TEL domain..
- An outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the state of existing solutions.
- A presentation of any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and the results achieved so far.
- A sketch of the applied research methodology.
- A description of the Ph.D. project's contribution to the problem solution in the TEL domain.
- A discussion of how the suggested solution is different, new, or better as compared to existing approaches to the problem.
The maximum length of DC submissions is 6 pages. Candidates are kindly requested to make use of the supplied Springer template: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0
Additionally submissions need to include a separate sheet containing the following information:
- A statement of the particular issues, problems, or challenges in your dissertation; research areas that you want to discuss; types of feedback that might be particularly useful,
- A list of members of the ECTEL 2018 Program Committee who you think would be able to provide a particularly useful perspective or feedback on your work,
- A letter of recommendation from your dissertation supervisor/advisor. It must include an assessment of the current status of your work, and an expected date for dissertation completion.
Interested candidates are invited to use the prepared form for this additional information. Please download the form to your computer or your google docs account before you start editing it. For the submission you should add the form to the end of the document. We will not include it into the page count, of course.
All submissions will be reviewed after acceptance by at least two senior researchers and one of the other accepted doctoral candidates. Additionally, two discussants, members of the doctoral consortium committee, will be appointed to each paper. Discussant comments will be followed by a plenary discussion of the paper. At the end of the consortium there will be a general discussion, including a brainstorming session about current and future research topics in the area.
Accepted candidates should prepare:
- An introductory pitch about themselves and their Ph.D. project for the introductory session. Duration: 60 sec max.
- A 15-20 minute presentation of their Ph.D. project to be used for introducing discussion about their project and its main issues during the small group sessions.
- Students are also invited to prepare a poster about their Ph.D. for the EC-TEL 2018 poster session.
The accepted submissions to the Doctoral Consortium will be published in CEUR Workshop proceedings: http://ceur-ws.org/.
Submissions should be uploaded to: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dcectel2018
2228 May 2018 - Doctoral Consortium application submission
- 19 June 2018 - Doctoral Consortium application notification
- 31 July 2018 - Doctoral Consortium reviews
- 28 August 2018 - Doctoral Consortium camera-ready versions
- 3 September 2018 - Doctoral Consortium
Further information will become available at the Doctoral Consortium section of the EC-TEL 2018 Website.